How long does the approval process take?
Once all necessary application info is received, most accounts are approved in 24 hours or less, sometimes same day if we receive it first thing in the morning. Once approved, we will immediately inform you of your acceptance and deliver the terminal equipment or software.
What does the 30 day risk free trial mean?
The 30 day risk free trial allows you to try our merchant account products and services, totally risk free. If you don't experience the highest level of customer service, along with the fastest, most efficient processing at the overall lowest cost, then cancel the service. We will refund you the purchase price of any equipment or software you purchases. However, merchant account credit card processing fees that you may have are not refundable.
Do I need to have an American Express or Discover account before I apply?
No you do not. We do all this for you.
My website isn't ready, will I still qualify for an account?
Yes, we can accept temporary web sites, something very basic that shows product and pricing. It does not have to be live to the public but should show enough to get a sense of what you are selling and for how much.
Do you process over cell phones?
Yes, we process credit cards over cell phones. Please check out our Blackberry credit card processing for an all in one solution including swiper and printer.
How will I get my money?
Your money will be deposited directly into your current business checking account. Funds are usually available within 2 business days (sometimes slightly longer if your business is considered high risk).
Is there a service phone number that I can call if I need help?
Yes! You will have live, toll-free merchant assistance available to you 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
Will I receive a statement?
Yes. A statement is mailed out and/or emailed out every month with the information on all deposits into your account, your total sales volume, and the charges for the month. You can also access this information online via a website anytime for real time up to date information.
Do you accept foreign businesses?
Yes we do. This requires the International / high risk merchant account application to fill out.
What is the discount rate?
Every bank charges a discount rate. The discount rate is the percentage of each transaction that the processing company charges to handle the transaction for you, Our discount rates are exceptionally low for both retail (swiped) merchants and for mail order/telephone order and Internet merchants. Check out our merchant account rates.
What is the Address Verification System?
If you sell mail order/telephone order, or through the Internet, you don't want to send a product to a false address and have a risk of receiving a chargeback. The Address Verification System (AVS) lets you enter the customer's home address and compares it to the address on file with their credit card company. If someone uses a stolen card, and wants products shipped to a false address, AVS will detect this for you.
What are the benefits of accepting credit cards?
1. Convenience - You probably already know that accepting alternative forms of payment like credit and ATM/debit cards helps make it so much more convenient for people to pay you. This will increase your sales and profits. Some studies say by 30 -100% or more (Visa International).
2. Increases Your Credibility - Did you also know that advertising your acceptance of major credit and debit cards increases your credibility? It's true. The public knows that a Merchant Account status is not always easy to get and will look at you as more of a solid company -here to stay. "Hmmm... doesn't accept credit cards? Is there some kind of possible credit problem I should know about this company?"
3. Increases Your Average Sales Order - Were you aware that you're AVERAGE SALE AMOUNT GOES WAY UP when you accept credit cards? Studies prove (and I am sure it's true of most of us) that when we are ready to make a purchase and we are paying with a credit card we are more inclined to purchase the "upgrade" product or service. Human nature seems to cause most of us to be inclined to purchase the "better model or service upgrade" when we can finance the purchase with a credit card and pay for it at a later time. In many cases the issuing bank will reward those purchases with “points” that can be later redeemed for free airline travel, gifts, rewards, etc.etc…
4. Impulse Purchases Go Up - Did you also know that your willingness to accept credit cards also causes impulse purchases to go way up? Customers are more likely to purchase when they can use a credit card versus paying with cash or a check. For some reason human nature - especially in the US - causes us to think paying on credit is easier.
5. Increases Cash Sales - I bet you didn't know that the mere presence of credit card logos at your business location increases CASH sales. A fascinating study was explained in the book Influence by Robert Cialdini. This scientific experiment documented that the mere presence of Master Card/ Visa logos will increase cash sales by as much as 29% in controlled studies - even though credit cards were not used! If your business accepts cash, this is an extra bonus of accepting credit cards and advertising that you do.
6. Cuts Back on Bad Checks and Collection Costs. -By accepting credit and debit cards through a reputable Merchant Account Provider, credit card orders will be screened for fraudulent transactions. Some providers, like Everest Merchant Services ,will take extra steps on address verification, verifying the extra four digits on the credit card, and blocking selected credit card numbers, Internet protocols, names or addresses. These are extra safety measures you can take to find peace of mind that the orders you are receiving - particularly on the Internet - are legitimate. When a customer is a "slow pay", a common collection technique is to call the customer and suggest they give you their credit card information over the phone right then to clear up the default. Without this option you would typically have to wait to see if the customer sends you a check like they said they would.
How can a merchant account increase my cash flow?
If you have several outstanding receivables that are past-due, you are likely to be experiencing a problem with cash flow. When you offer customers the possibility of making payments by credit card, ATM or debit card, you will clear up the past-due receivables faster.
For large purchases or services you provide that might be considered expensive to the majority of your customers, you may need to offer your customers the ability to make payments on their account. If you do not accept credit cards, you have to extend the credit to the customer yourself- and hope that they will keep making their payments over time. You can minimize your risk by allowing the customer to make the payment to you in FULL, by credit card- while at the same time the customer has the ability to pay for their purchase in monthly payments to their credit card.
Accepting credit cards lowers your overhead. Consider this: it will cost you less money in transaction fees to accept a $60 payment from a credit card than it will to create and print an invoice, and mail it to the customer. (This is not even considering a customer who needs to be reminded to make the payment several times once the invoice has been sent!)
When a business provides the ability for customers to pay using credit cards, the number of bad debts the business has is decreased. That increases the cash flow and reduces overhead costs- both necessary in improving the profits of a business.
Will my small business qualify for a merchant account?
Merchant Accounts are Accessible to All Size Businesses. There was a time in the not so distant past that it was very difficult to be approved for a merchant account. In previous years, a business would need a high volume of credit card usage in order to make the fees for having the ability to accept electronic payments affordable. Now, thanks to the increase in merchant account providers available to businesses, it is very inexpensive to set up a merchant accounts whether you are a large enterprise with a physical location, or a small business operating only online.
Will I be able to monitor my account?
Custom web portal access to monitor Merchant Account and transactions
Upon signup and approval of your account, you will have complete online access privileges and a level of transparency that is unparalleled in the Merchant Services arena.
How do I apply?
Just fill out the free, no obligation, online merchant account application and sign up for a 30 day risk-free trial. It should take you less than 10 minutes.
What kind of businesses do you accept?
We accept retail, professionals, trade shows, mail order, telephone order, Internet based, and home based businesses. Sorry, we don't accept adult related businesses.
Do I need a business license?
No, you do not need to have a business license, trade name registration, dba certificate, etc. but it is helpful.
Do I need a business checking account?
You only need a business checking account if you are a corporation. If you are a sole proprietorship you may use a personal checking account or a business checking account.
What if I have less than perfect credit?
We have one of the highest approval rates in the industry. So even if you have credit problems, in all likelihood we will still approve you.
What credit cards will I be able to accept?
We set up you so that you can accept MasterCard, Visa and bank ATM debit cards. You can apply for American Express and Discover at the same time. There is a small setup fee for American Express and Discover.
It's easy. Just fill out the form below and a customer service representative will get in touch with you.
(C) Copyright 2010 - Everest Merchant Services - Start Website
TEL: 877-554-4593 FAX: 877-865-9481
If we cant beat your rates hands down, we will pay you $500.00!!! Inquire today with one of our pricing specialists by filling out the form above and start saving now!!!